Entry Requirements into the Department
- A minimum of Four Credits in S.S.C.E., G.C.E, O/L or equivalent. A candidate must have 4 credits in Economics, either English Language OR Mathematics, and any other two relevant subjects, at not more than two sittings.
- Non-Direct Entry (i.e. 100 Level) applicant in addition to (a) above must write Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) and attain an acceptable standard in the use of English, Mathematics, Economics and any other relevant subject, as prescribe in the JAMB Brochure.
Direct Entry (i.e. 200 Level) Applicants with the following qualifications in addition to (a) above may be considered for admission:
- Two A/Level passes in IJMB Examination or Cambridge Moderated Schools or Basic Studies Terminal Examination. The passes should be in any two of the following subject Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Statistics, Government and Geography. Or
- A candidate with a Diploma in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance or Management with a minimum of Merit Pass from Ahmadu Bello University may be accepted.
- Applicants who meet the O-level requirements and have another BSc (irrespective of the course of study and grade)
- Bsc applicants who meet the O-level requirements and have a professional certification such as ICAN, ACA, NIM etc
All NCE Candidates will be admitted into 200 Level
All OND Candidates will be admitted into 200 Level
All HND Candidates will be admitted into 300 Level
(i.) Minimum of four and maximum of six academic sessions for UTME candidates.
(ii) Minimum of three and maximum of five academic sessions for Direct Entry candidates.