General Entry Requirements
- Five relevant credits in SSCE. SC, GCE O/L or equivalent obtained at not more than two sittings
- Two A/L passes plus O/L credit in 3 other subjects at not more than 2 sittings. Or three A/L passes plus two P/L credit in 2 other subjects at not more than two sittings
- Non-Direct Entry Applicants must write the universities Matriculation Examination (UME) and an acceptable standard in the use of English (compulsory) and three other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out in the JAMB Brochure.
Direct Entry Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission:
- A minimum of five subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the principal or advanced level of GCE or IJMB and the others, at credit level of the SSCE/GCE O/L. Two passes at the IJMB Examination or Cambridge Moderated Schools or Basic Studies Terminal
Entry Requirements into the Department
- A minimum of Five Credits in S.S.C.E., G.C.E, O/L or equivalent. A candidate must have 5 credits in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two relevant subjects, at not more than two sittings.
- Non-Direct Entry (i.e. 100 Level) applicant in addition to (a) above must write Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) and attain an acceptable standard in the use of English, Mathematics, Economics and any other relevant subject, as prescribe in the JAMB Brochure.
Direct Entry (i.e. 200 Level) Applicants with the following qualifications in addition to (a) above may be considered for admission:
- Two A/Level passes in IJMB Examination or Cambridge Moderated Schools or Basic Studies Terminal Examination. The passes should be in any two of the following subject Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Statistics, Government and Geography. Or
- A candidate with a Diploma in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance or Management with a minimum of Merit Pass from Ahmadu Bello University may be accepted.
(i.) Minimum of four and maximum of six academic sessions for UTME candidates.
(ii) Minimum of three and maximum of five academic sessions for Direct Entry candidates.